Business AnalystOur client, a global leader in his field, is seeking a Business Analyst.
- Extract appropriate data and identify patterns to address critical issues, and support key initiatives to optimize geography and content data;
- Generate reports through detailed analysis, ensuring data accuracy and timeliness;
- Provide interpretations and recommendations at regular intervals to guide strategic and tactical business decisions;
- Perform ad hoc analyses in support of major initiatives, obtaining and extracting information from multiple data sources using AWS Athena, Qubole, etc.;
- Work independently as well as multi-functionally across brands, technologies, and partners to prioritize and complete tasks.
- 2+ years experience in descriptive and predictive data analytics;
- Consistent record of defining and executing key analysis with minimal supervision;
- Real passion for statistics, number crunching and logical problem solving on intellectual challenges;
- Ability to structure / work on data exploratory problems, using innovative ways, creative solutions and data visualization skills;
- Experience using Python or similar tools for data analysis, structuring, transforming and visualizing big data (strong SQL skills are a must);
- Retrieve and parse data from various web services;
- Demonstrated experience in data modeling and Machine Learning;
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate results/conclusions to partners;
- Self-starter who possesses the ability to balance geo-political and retail driven data requests;
- Prior knowledge of standard web analytics tools including Omniture, Google Analytics;
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Qubole, AWS Athena, GIS systems a plus;
- Knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning a plus.
Montreal (greater Montreal)