Automated Test DeveloperOur client, a large-scale company, is seeking an Automated Test Developer.
- Collaborate with the QA & Dev teams to design and implement the necessary tools for test automation, which can support component-level testing as well as full-blown system-level end to end regression testing.
- Analyze the functional requirements of upcoming features to plan and develop the automated tests that cover the main test cases.
- Interpret functional requirements to plan and develop automated tests and data validations.
- Report problems/defects and improvement ideas in Jira.
- Follow up on reported issues.
- Apply quality assurance best practices.
- Produce test reports and KPIs that confirm coverage and identify pass/fail results.
- Setup and maintain various test environments.
- Identify automated test cases in Testrail.
- Ensure that all deliverables meet quality objectives in functionality, performance, stability, security, accessibility and data quality.
- Provide feedback into the software's design so the Dev team produce a more test-friendly product.
- Provide work breakdown and estimates (times, resources) for tasks on agreed scope and development milestones in order to meet overall project timelines.
- 3 years of experience in Java programming with 2 years of experience in QA test automation, or 2 years of experience in Java programming with 4 years of experience in QA test automation.
- Experience using test automation tools, like Selenium and Jmeter.
- Experience in developing and maintaining automated test suites.
- Experience using tools such as GitHub, Docker, Jenkins and Postman.
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL, PostGreSQL, etc.).
- Experience with collaboration tools, such as Confluence, Jira, and Google Docs.
- Good Linux experience (we mainly use Ubuntu and CentOS).
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment.
- Professional proficiency in communication, both oral and written.
- Experience with REST Assured (Java), SoupUI, Testrail, an asset.
- Sense of initiative, self-directed and self-motivated.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time.
- Ability and willingness to learn other technologies and new ways of doing things.
- Ability to adapt and master a mix of rapidly changing environments.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Good negotiator while keeping an open mind.
- Critical while being constructive.
- Pays attention to details (visual, functional, and others) and able to suggest corrections or improvements.
- Organized and knows how to manage his time well.
- Demonstrates responsibility and commitment.
- Positive attitude.
Montreal South Shore and Montérégie