Software Support TechnicianOur client, a large-scale company, is seeking a Software Support Technician.
- Designs and implements software solutions based on SSI Schaefer’s software platform and libraries for Warehouse Management Systems.
- Commission software on-site. This includes but is not limited to: Tests software implementation against requirements; Sets-up test scenarios for commissioning and executes those.
- Tests own software implementation and that of others against design requirements
- Takes over responsibility for a specific area of software development within a project.
- Creates software requirement analysis and specifications for area of responsibility.
- Creates software documentation.
- Actively communicates with team members, IT Project Manager and Software Developer.
- Lead about the work and project status.
- Actively escalates issues to IT Project Manager and Software Developer Lead.
- Participates in team meetings on an as needed basis.
- Sets-up test scenarios for commissioning and executes those.
- Troubleshoots system issues in 1st, 2nd or 3rd level depending on project requirements.
- Supports customer service remotely and on-site if required.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external customers.
- Shift work on an as needed basis for system support and/or commissioning.
- Occasionally performs installation of network or computer hardware if required by a project in the office or on-site.
- Occasionally handles test product required for test scenarios on-site (Tubs, Totes, Cases etc.).
- 2 years of pertinent experience.
- Minimum 2 year of experience with Java or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Minimum 2 year of experience with SQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server)
- Open to travel extensively to support system ramp-up and go-live on-site
- Experience with WMS and ERP is a plus
- Experience in Industrial Automation
- Server/Network topology experience
Quebec City (and surroundings)